Nigeria Institute of Bankers Examination (July Diet, 2013)
Time: 1hr 30 mins
Section A (Attempt all questions, all questions carry equal marks, 35 marks)
1. How many banks were in Nigeria before 2006?
2. How many banks are in Nigeria today?
3. What is the total number of Banks that have merged and how many resulted from the merger?
4. How many banks did Amcon Intervened?
5. How many had a change of name?
6. What is the name of the third bank in the Stanbic-IBTC merger?
7. What was CitiBank known and called before?
Section B (All Questions are compulsory 25 marks)
1. How does a Nigerian Bank staff get notified of termination? (A) By HR (B) By manager (C) When Staff attempts to login (D) All of the above
2.When a Bank is not making profit what is the first step in returning to profitability? (A) Reduce expenditure by Executives (B) Change Management (C) Develop a winning strategy (D) Sack Staff.
3. When new MD resumes what action is first taken? (A) Buy new car (B) Employ new PA from previous place of employment (C) Travel round all regions (D) All of the above
4. What is the first name of a CBN governor that shares same surname as the present governor?(A) Gideon (B) Reuben (C) Joseph (D) Adamu
5. Before and immediately after consolidation and until recently, the MDs of most strong banks came from the same town. What is the name of the town? (A) Abuja (B) Agbor (C) Ibuzor (D Badagry
Section C (Answer only one 40 marks)
Discuss in not less than one page:
1. Who is your preferred CBN governor and why? Ola Vincent, Adamu Ciroma, Charles Soludo, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
2.Which of the embattled ex-MD is smarter and why? Francis Atuche, Cecilia Ibru, Erastus Akingbola, Sebastian Adigwe